Sunday, March 23, 2014

What I Want

        I remember when I was a child I wanted to grow up so badly. I wanted to be an artist. I wanted to live in a mansion. Where I had all the house maids, servants, and video games I ever wanted. Where I didn't have a care in the world, but now I have to grow up...
        I now live in a time where the possibility of screwing up is a reality. Every day I look in the mirror saying follow your dreams, but how can I do that? Lets be honest I'm a slacker. I don't have a 4.0 GPA, I don't do extra cirricular activities, and I dont have an impressive résumé.
        My parents just want me to graduate, but what do I want? Doesn't that matter? Now that I'm older I still want to be an artist. Not a writer, although there is a certain type of beauty to this, I want to draw, to paint, and to sketch. Now that I'm older I have to realize that I'm not nearly as good as some however, but that doesn't matter.
        I just want to be happy. But is that really possible in a world that defines happiness by a paycheck rather than by life's work? I don't know maybe I'm insane, but I've come to learn that if everyone would care more about others than themselves the world would be a place of compassion. I've come to learn that yes I'm annoying and a nuisance. I've been told that every day. Why should I care? I've come to terms with it, and now I say I'll happily play the fool again and again if it means I can make someone smile.
       Bah! What do I know? I'm just a rambling teenager in a world where the honors of men have died.

No comments:

Post a Comment