Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Simple Question

       Hello everyone, I know this seems strange, but I'm curious to know. In fact I have to know. Now before I ask there are a couple of things I need to say first. I wish for anyone who reads this post to comment it with an answer because there will be a question at the end that I want answered. I want you to please take it seriously however if you do happen to make a joke I won't be mad. Because let's be honest who doesn't like a joke every once in a while? Also if you happened to stumble upon this post please have your friends read it and comment as well.
       Now there's a parable I will tell and if you know where this story comes from well then good for you. Although just know that I changed some things.
       Once two blind men sat atop a tall mountain in the early morning of the day. As the sun rose the rays of light made the scenery so breath taking and beautiful. As the two blind men began to feel the warmth of the sun the one leaned over to other and asked, "Can beauty be taken away?"
       The other replied bitterly saying, "Yes! My sight has been taken from me, and so I will never be able to see the beauty of things."
       The other having been born blind asked, "And what about the beauty of music? What about all the other things that can be enjoyed? Is there not beauty in those?"
       The man whose sight was taken said, "And what if all those senses were taken from you? What if your tongue was cut off? your ears ripped off? What if all you felt was pain for the rest of your life?"
       The man born blind thought long and hard for an answer, but could find no answer.
       Now forgive me for cutting the story short but I now ask you, Can beauty be taken away?

2 comments:

  1. no. "beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder." or something like that. Maybe it can be taken away but only by choice it can never be taken from someone who choses to hold on to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with June. Beauty can only be taken from you if you let it. There are so many beautiful things to be found, even if all there was left was pain. Who ever said pain wasn't beautiful?

    ReplyDelete